Firebase xcframework integration with SPM
A small mirror for https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk, to add support for using their binary dependencies (xcframeworks) with swift package manager.
Official SPM Support
Firebase currently supports SPM integration, see the official SDK integration instructions. This repo is an alternative for integrating with their pre-built xcframeworks for faster build times. See in depth discussion for official SPM support for xcframeworks here.
// swift-tools-version:5.3 // The swift-tools-version declares the minimum version of Swift required to build this package. import PackageDescription let package = Package( name: "MyLibrary", platforms: [.iOS(.v11)], products: [ .library(name: "MyLibrary", targets: ["MyLibraryTarget"]) ], dependencies: [ .package( name: "Firebase", url: "https://github.com/akaffenberger/firebase-ios-sdk-xcframeworks.git", .exact("8.10.0") ), ], targets: [ .target( name: "MyLibraryTarget", dependencies: [ .product(name: "Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK", package: "Firebase"), .product(name: "FirebaseAnalytics", package: "Firebase") ] ) ] )
Add resource bundles
Some Firebase frameworks require resource bundles. To include those, there are two options:
- Use the provided script to automatically include all Firebase resources. Copy the following into a Run Script Phase:
- Or, manually drag and drop the specific resource bundles you need from the package into your Copy Bundle Resources Phase:
How it works
Sources files are automatically generated via a script, which is set to run in a scheduled cron job via Github Actions.
The script performs the following actions:
- Downloads the latest release from https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk
- Parses the Firebase.zip to generate Package.swift and Sources/
- Commits changes on a new branch and creates a PR
- Creates a draft release, with a tag that mirrors the Firebase release. The draft release includes the assets needed for the swift package
- Install github cli:
$ brew install gh
- Generate the swift package:
$ cd .scripts && sh package.sh debug skip-release