About StreamDeck Shortcuts
Welcome in! This Repo is for all things Shortcuts/StreamDeck!
We’re all about making sure the software is Fast, Reliable, & Performant, all while offering excellent accessibility support!
The StreamDeck's been unleashed. Infinite possibilities at the speed of light. All within touch.
If you want to learn more about how & why this was made, take a look at this Twitter thread!
I wanted to run my Shortcuts on my StreamDeck, but the go-to solution bricked on me, on the first day. Whatever I did, I couldn’t get it working again. That was the start of this project…
Of course, I wasn’t going to make a simple thing. No, I had to do it the justice it so rightly deserved.
- The backend (this one)
- & the Property Inspector’s
Lost, But Not Forgotten Features:
- Set Discord/GitHub image/logo beside their description text?
- isPrivateAnalytics Bool, to allow user’s to toggle Analytics.
- Move settings into a popup window? See Elgato PI Demo.
- Don’t send a payload, if settings haven’t changed. Only send what has changed. Show if settings changed by showing an “X” on the save box, instead of the green box.
- We shouldn’t send all the shortcuts, only a limited few. The payload is probably too big, for larger libraries.
- Allow user to switch Accessibility speed. Only some voices support this…
- Allow for accessibility toggle. Ie, some people may not/want to hold down for x amount of time. Create an option to tap, starting the timer, then another tap confirm or cancel, when the timer finishes.
🚀Create Shortcut from Button Press?
🚀Open/Edit Shortcut in the Shortcuts.app
Known Issues & Bugs
🐞Rare: Kilo-One | Sometimes the app fails to startup correctly. Need to dig into this. | v 1.0.1 includes a new "Debug:" console.app logging message.
🐞Potential: App becomes unresponsive after computer wakes up from sleep???
- Some user's may experience issues with certain special characters. We've done our best to handle most of these, but other languages may vary! This should be mostly fixed now. Let us know if you have any issues!
- We’re only fetching/getting the first discovered StreamDeck. We need to get all the user’s connected StreamDeck Devices
- We’re getting the connected count, but we still need to fetch the unique IDs.
If the shortcut name is long, the search field gets small. We fixed the former, but now we’re Popping out of PI’s regular dimensions…should be fixed.